4 most common mental inflections that can get you out of shape
Mental disorders are becoming more common in the 21st century due to the stress that we have to deal with on a daily basis.
From home to work to school, stress and tension follow us everywhere as the commitment to better performance increases.
But it is important to remember to treat our minds just as we treat our bodies because many mental disorders can affect our health as, if not more, than physical injury.
- It falls beneath the umbrella of mood disorders, which still contains bipolar disorder and cyclothymic disorder.
- Depression can occur for different reasons, but the one beneath our authority is lack of sleep and it can be easily prevented.
- Lack of sleep can occur due to overwork, that is, taking on more work than we are able to do in a limited time.
- Continued sleep deprivation over a long period leads to a depressed state of mind resulting in loss of proper brain function.
- People often lose the will to do normal daily activities, such as eating and cleaning up after themselves.
- These are of many types, but the most common are social anxiety disorder and persistent panic disorder.
- They can lead to withdrawing from social activities which, consequently, are followed by breaks in the daily routine that ensure our physical condition and an active participation to stay healthy.
- Of all mental illnesses, eating disorders have the most damaging impact on our health.
- While anorexia and bulimia lead to rapid weight loss and loss of strength, overeating is followed by morbid obesity.
- Both ends of this spectrum make the body susceptible to imminent danger and ill health, and can even lead to death if not treated promptly.
- Alcohol obsession, addiction to stuff like cocaine or heroin leads to failure of natural brain functions and results in excessive focus on the substance in question.
- People who become victims of substance abuse often even lose their lives as a result of addiction.
It is vital to be aware and informed about the various types of mental disorders that can take over our lives and what we can do to get rid of them.
Most of these diseases, like any wound, can be solved with therapy and medication.
The vital thing is to ask for help.
Good health is not just about exercising and eating a balanced diet.
Taking care of our minds is as essential as taking care of our bodies.
Read About: Understand The Human Chakra System