Do you know the real and true Benefits of Chinese Martial Arts
The Benefits of Chinese Martial Arts
Health and Fitness
- By health, we mean not only being free from illness, but the ability to sleep soundly, to work energetically, to think clearly, and to be calm yet alert.
- By fitness, we mean not just physical strength, but the ability to react quickly, to endure hard work, and to concentrate without mental fatigue.
- Kung Fu is better than other forms of exercise for promoting health and fitness. In swimming, jogging, and karate, for example, the fitness acquired diminishes as one grows old, but in Kung Fu it is enhanced.
- This is because Kung Fu is more than physical exercise; it develops the inner faculties of vital energy and the mind. A Kung Fu practitioner will exhibit more zest and vitality in both work and play than an ordinary person, and have calmness of mind and clarity of thought even under demanding situations.
- Kung Fu teaching emphasizes moral development as well as physical training, stressing values like respect, courage, tolerance, and reverence for life.
- The very nature of Kung Fu training is a long process of character building. Wholesome qualities like endurance, perseverance, discipline, loyalty, and a calm disposition are prerequisites for progress, especially at higher levels.
- All these qualities, acquired through Kung Fu training, are transferable to daily life.
- Self-defense is the essence of Chinese martial arts. True Kung Fu teaching always instructs students to be tolerant and avoid fighting, but the ability to defend oneself is a valuable asset.
- It is only when we know that we can defend ourselves effectively that we gain self-confidence.
- In this way self-defense can be applied to non-combative situations, such as job interviews or school exams. In modern society, this need for psychological self-defense is perhaps more important than the need to actually fight.
Mental health benefits
- Apart from physical health, mental health benefits are also widely reported in Kung Fu practice.
- Long term participation in Kung Fu could increase self-esteem and self-confidence, improve management of aggression, feelings of vulnerability and fear, facilitate mood and mental performance and concentration, decrease sleep disturbance, depression, tension, stress, anxiety and hostility.
- Martial Arts training is an excellent way to improve and boost your health and overall fitness. The unique and varied methods of training produce fast and effective results which last into old age.
If you are looking for a new form of exercise that will benefit your mind, body and soul, then martial arts may be the change you are craving.