This Is Why Kata Training Is So Famous! Best Article on Bxrank
Posted By Ranjay On Sep 23, 2015
The Kata is a means of self perfection
The kata, which is sometimes translated as form or pattern, allows you to practice your combinations at full power with imaginary opponens.
It is said that, if by the time you reach black belt, you can do two kata, (and only one of them very well) your training is being maximized.
The Karate-Do kata demands complete concentration and maximum effort from its practitioner. Kata is more difficult than sparring because you are 100% in control of the action.
The means used by masters to hand down their techniques over the ages has been the kata. This fact in and of itself should give us reason to practice kata.
The essence of Karate-Do is in the kata. Practice repeatedly and indefinitely.
1. Kata is a series of prearranged movements designed for fighting multiple opponents.
2. Be aware of these six areas when training your forms: eyes, pace, breathing, technique, kime and kiai.
3. Performed consistently, the kata will improve your speed, balance, posture, contact, technique and co-ordination.
4. Only Sensei, Senpai, or a designated black belt can show a kyu belt a new kata.
5. Most forms have two kiai points usually set on the finishing techniques or killing blow.
6. Most kata end by stepping away from your opponent. This symbolizes that you have left your opponent alive.
7. All kata start with the right hand covered since the right hand is symbolic of strength and therefore hidden so as not to offend the opponent.
8. Visualize what you are doing when you do the kata, this will help you to understand it better.
9. Steps to follow when learning a kata: 1. Learn the schematics of the form (the moves). 2. Learn the proper pace of the form. 3. Learn to do the form without thinking. 4. Become one with the kata.
10. If you have any questions about a kata you have been taught, ask your Sensei, Senpai, or designated instructor.
11. All kata start and end with the heels on the embuson.
12. The first and last steps of a kata are the most important.
Comments ( 2 )
I am sure this article has touched all the internet viewers, its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new web site.